Meeting of MOR Board - Thursday, January 25th, 2018

Meeting of MOR Board – Thursday, January 25th at 8:31 a.m.

Present:

Angel Fuller

Mickey Tingen

Kimberly Stoll

Dave Kiddy

Phil Hanks

Patti Stokes

Ann Schneider

Brandy Owen

Susan Greeson

 

8:31am - Meeting called to order, Phillip Hanks.

Patti Stokes stated that there is really no change in the finances, still waiting for all of the membership dues to come in.  

 

Dave Kiddy update on scholarship – new guidelines submitted to Northwest HS the scholarship amount will still be $2000. The counseling department will send it out to graduating seniors over the next few weeks. The scholarship committee will also be meeting with ORMA today to go over creating a scholarship program for cadets (available to lower and upper classmen) to apply for an additional $2000 that the MOR would like to make available. The committee will update the board as they know more.

 

Business on tap update – since a scheduling conflict with the Oak Ridge Room has arisen, we are considering moving the mixer venue to other locations as needed, and as long as they fit within the current year’s budget.

 

Ann Schneider is thinking to create a Special Event’s Committee to help celebrate the town’s 20th Anniversary though one or various events. Anyone in the MOR that might be interested in joining the committee please contact Ann Schneider. 

 

Meeting called to close at 9:31am.

 

Submitted Respectfully

 

Brandy Owen

The Arche Group

Meeting of MOR Board - Thursday, August 25th, 2017

Meeting of MOR Board – Thursday, August 25th, 2017 at 8:20 a.m.

Present:

Angel Fuller

Mickey Tingen

Kimberly Stoll

Dave Kiddy

Phil Hanks

Patti Stokes

Ann Schneider

Brandy Owen

Absent: Ramilya Siegel

 

8:20am - Meeting called to order, Phillip Hanks.

Dave Kiddy moved to approve agenda, Angel seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.

Motion from Phillip to approve minutes from June and July, Dave seconded and motion passed unanimously.   

Patty Patti distributed and reviewed Finance report; the only real change from the last financial statement was that a check was written for the Cole Pickford scholarship for $2000.00. All of the finances have been completed from Ridgefest and we are just waiting for the next event for any upcoming changes.

Dave Kiddy stated that he received a very nice thank you note from Cole Pickford to the MOR for his scholarship.

Still looking for the MOR ribbon cutting scissors, everyone please keep a look out for them.

Triad Eye Care will be having their Grand Opening from 3 to 8pm on September 28th, 2017.   

Patty discussed doing some direct marketing for the MOR in the Explore Historic Oak Ridge Event publication with the Northwest Observer. A full-page ad was suggested – majority approved.

Great Pumpkin Event update from Angel Fuller;

·      $200.00 sponsorship was still open.

·      New, updated, larger event signs needed:  Angel suggested ordering new ones. Phillip suggested            submitting the costs for approval as soon as she is able.

·      Volunteers still needed for costume registration and judging.

·      Suggestions for table layout will be rearranged to face one another.

·      Larger sound system will be in place.

·      Better parade organization this year (Dave Kiddy volunteered to help with organization).

·      Three costume categories; Children, Adult and Dog

·      Snap Fitness to help with wooden boxes/platforms to present the costume contest awards.

·      Cameron and Mood Swingz are currently working on their performance, we will know more, closer to the event. 

Bruce Frankel was open to suggestions regarding his Educational Moment. Dave and Phillip suggested open it up to others if they wanted to share their own Educational Moments.

Business on TAP – potentially switch it up to different venues. Since some people are unable to host the evening BOT because of scheduling conflicts, a Business Before Hours/Breakfast on Tap was suggested as an alternative. Also suggested was having the ability to have a “Guest Speaker” for BOT, should there be an opening or cancellation. Dave Kiddy suggested co-sponsorship opportunities as well to feature the “Guest Speaker” Business On Tap. It was discussed that the burden of paying for the BOT will be on either the guest speaker or the sponsor. Phillip suggested dropping the BOT during the summer months due to low attendance.

November Business On Tap will feature a guest speaker sponsored by Dave Kiddy called Fosnet Self Defense. 

Christmas Party for MOR will be Tuesday December the 5th in lieu of Business On Tap.

Phillip suggested that the MOR begin featuring a “Business of the Week” to be featured on social media as well as through an email blast. Ideally if a business has an event going on, then they can be featured during that week.

Brandy suggested a form of “Speed Dating for Business” for the members to get to know the other members of the MOR better. They would do this by setting up chairs facing each other and taking two minutes to hit three points about yourself and your business before having to switch seats.

Adjourned at 9:37AM, motion by Phillip Hanks, second by Ann Schneider, approved unanimously.

 

Meeting of MOR Board - Thursday, June 22, 2017

Meeting of MOR Board – Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.

Present:

Angel Fuller

Kimberly Stoll

Dave Kiddy

Phil Hanks

Patti Stokes

Ramilya Siegel

Ann Schneider

Absent: Mickey Tingen, Stacy Hall

 

Meeting opened at 8:30 a.m. Ann moved to approve agenda, Dave seconded. Motion passed unanimously.

 

Patti distributed and reviewed Finance report; MOR has approx. $30K in bank. A few expenses for Ridgefest may still be outstanding, but it was our best year ever in terms of Carnival rides – approx. $6K net profit. Glow Run approx. $2K net profit.

Board discussed how much of net profits to donate to designated nonprofits. Phil moved to give $1K to Next Step Ministries, seconded by Angel. Motion passed unanimously.  

Also discussed issue of registration company used for Glow Run. Charges not clear yet, but probably not necessary in future because this race isn’t timed. Need to have a clear contract in future if we do use them again. Registration could be done on Merchants site since race isn’t timed.

Phil discussed wish list items for 2018:

Branded tent - many options discussed, but decided to purchase a tent with MOR logo and use banners in back or elsewhere to brand specific events. Tent could be used for a variety of events including music in the park events. Phil will get pricing.

Speakers – many options discussed; Phil moved to approve purchase of a speaker costing up to $250; Dave seconded; motion approved unanimously.

Clock and finish lines – Clock not necessary if event is not timed. Could use silly string instead of a finish line.

Lights for woods during glow run – permanent lights in the woods were discussed, but there were concerns about the timing, the fact that Merchants would only use once a year, and conformance with the Design Guidelines, since the park is in the Historic District. Issue was tabled for further research and discussion.

Discussed adding minutes of MOR meetings to Web site; all agreed this is a good idea. Board minutes can be provided upon request to members, but not necessary to post.

Touch-a-truck idea raised by Phil as a possible addition to Thursday night during Ridgefest as a way of reaching families with younger kids. All agreed this is a good idea. Role of Parks and Rec and MOR relative to this new event discussed, with some concern about MOR taking on another event. This will be discussed further.

Discussion of the perceptions of the Town’s and MOR’s relative contributions to Ridgefest. Some misconceptions still need to be corrected, but much progress has been made.

Adjourned at 10AM, motion by Phillip Hanks, second by Angelique Fuller, approved unanimously.

 

N.B.: Following the meeting, a motion was made by email to approve the addition of Brandy Owen to the Board as Secretary, following Rajiv Gupta’s resignation. The motion was approved by a majority of board members by email, and Brandy was subsequently welcomed to the board by email.