CHECK-IN/ REGISTRATION 7:30-8:30PM
(NEAR THE WOODED TRAIL BY THE BASEBALL FIELD)
GATHER AT 8:30PM FOR GLOW EVENTS
3 LEGGED RACE AT 8:40PM
1.5 MILE AT 9PM / WHEN DARK
PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE A SHIRT AND PROCEEDS GO TO NEXT STEP MINISTRIES, A SAFE HAVEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
* MUST REGISTER BY 5/24 TO GUARANTEE A T-SHIRT
EVENTS ARE NOT OFFICIALLY TIMED | BRING HEADLAMP OR FLASHLIGHT | WEAR NEON/GLOW GEAR
Carnival Rides & Games . Food Trucks (8-10)
All night ride pass - $30
Craft Fair at the Pond... 70+ crafters (10am – 8pm)
Bandit Flight Team (Est. 6:30pm)
Vintage Military Aircraft Flyover
Merchant Marketplace . KidSummit (4:30 – 8pm)
Hay ride . Face Painting . Climbing Wall ( 4:30 – 8pm)
ORYA Dunk Tank Fundraiser (4:30 – 8pm)
Live Music 5:30 Limited Engagement ( Classic to Current)
7:30 Vinyl Rewind ( Authentic 60s cover band)
Fireworks Spectacular (est. 9:20) Sponsored by Town of Oak Ridge
Organized by the Town of Oak Ridge
Tickets for Explore Historic Oak Ridge – September 16, 12 – 7:30
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Oak Ridge Historic District and the 250th anniversary of the Old Mill of Guilford, the Oak Ridge Historic Preservation Commission has organized Explore Historic Oak Ridge, a first-ever event that will give attendees exclusive access to a number of the historic homes in Oak Ridge. Visitors can tour a variety of historic sites in the community, taking a peek inside to see some amazing homes and hear fascinating stories about their founders. And there’s fun for the whole family, with hay rides and plenty of music and food from local vendors.
You will need a ticket to enter most tour sites. You can choose from discounted advance purchase tickets (through September 15 at 4pm) and full-price tickets (available the day of the event).
Other ways to purchase tickets to Explore Historic Oak Ridge:
- Discounted advance purchase tickets are also available in person or by mail from Oak Ridge Town Hall (open 8:30 – 4:30, Monday – Friday) at 8315 Linville Road (mailing address P.O. Box 374), Oak Ridge, NC 27310, telephone (336)644-7009. Cash or check only.
- On the day of the event, full price tickets will be available at three different ticketing locations: Adults - $12, Kids (ages 6 -16) $6. Children 5 and under are free.
Explore Historic Oak Ridge Schedule of Events
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – The Old Mill of Guilford – Help celebrate the Old Mill’s 250th birthday! Limited parking available at the Old Mill.
12 – 4 p.m. – Tour West Historic District sites, with parking available at Oak Ridge Elementary School and State Employees Credit Union.
12 – 4 p.m. – Tour East Historic District sites and visit sponsors’ and merchants’ areas for food, information, and activities; parking at Oak Ridge United Methodist Church and at Oak Ridge Military Academy.
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. – Oak Ridge Military Academy Parade on historic parade grounds, located next to the Old Gym.
4:30 – 7:30 – Closing reception and music hosted by Preservation Oak Ridge at Ai Church. Parking on site. Food available for purchase.
The Northwest Observer will feature a map of tour sites!
Road Closure: Oak Ridge Road will be closed 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., between Highway 68 and East Harrell Road. Local access provided. Absolutely NO THROUGH TRAFFIC, with exception of emergency and police vehicles.
Questions? Additional information is available at www.oakridgenc.com and www.facebook.com/events/1913945252264190. You can also contact Town Clerk Sandra Smith, 336.644.7009, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Historic Preservation Commission Chair Ann Schneider, 336.643.1402, email@example.com.
Thanks to the following generous sponsors of Explore Historic Oak Ridge!
Historic District Patrons
Closing Event Sponsor
Historic District Stars
The Arche Group
Historic District Supporters
Jim & Carol Kinneman
Mitchell, Bartlett & Bell Orthodontists
Ramilya Siegel, Allen Tate Realtors
Historic District Service Supporters
Oak Ridge Florist
A Perfect Cut Lawn Care
And Special Thanks to our Event Partners:
Northwest Guilford Women's Club
Oak Ridge Garden Club
The Old Mill of Guilford
Oak Ridge Elementary School
Oak Ridge Military Academy
Preservation Oak Ridge
Brandy Owen of the Arche Group will host MOR's Business on Tap on Tuesday, June 6 at The Oak Ridge Room (near Lowe's Foods). Join us at 6:00 PM for beverages (adult and other), hors d'oeuvres, and social time prior to Brandy's presentation about how The Arche Group is "the small business support specialists".
- Carnival Rides, Games and Food
- Craft Fair (10am-8pm)
- Hay Ride
- Climbing Wall
- Face Painting
- Dunk Tank Fundraiser
- Merchant Marketplace
- Bandit Flight Team
- Live Music
- Fireworks to be brought to you by the Town of Oak Ridge
- Live Music Line Up
- The Privette Project
- Fred Reyes
- NW High School Jazz Band
- Kris Ferris
Merchants will be at the Grasshoppers stadium in the party deck on May 7 @ 4pm
Tickets are PARTY DECK TICKETS and quantities are limited!
Along with the general sense of being pretty cool, the PARTY DECK means space to roam, network, and socialize.
You're welcome to buy additional tickets for your spouse, family, employees, other business leaders you'd like to introduce to the merchants, etc.
Food & Drink is available but not included.
Greensboro Grasshoppers vs. Rome at First National Bank Field
Tickets will be purchased in bulk and then handed to you in front of the stadium.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Dave Kiddy of Clearbrook Management will host MOR's next Business on Tap on Tuesday, May 2nd at The Oak Ridge Room.
Join us at 6:00 PM for beverages (adult and other), hors d'oeuvres, and social time prior to Dave's presentation about how Clearbrook works with home buyers, sellers, and renters throughout the Triad.
Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, Dave and his wife Cindy have called Oak Ridge home for nearly 14 years (2003). Dave started his real estate investment business in 2006, which followed 25 years in the Purchasing field in the pharmaceutical industry and 7 years as a teacher.
RSVP tickets include two complimentary adult beverages.
The Oak Ridge Room
2205 Oak Ridge Road
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Join the Merchants of Oak Ridge, Tuesday for networking, light refreshment, and a 15-20 minute discussion of how you can take your fiscal organization skills to the next level. It’s a NEW MOR Program – Business on Tap @ The Oak Ridge Room 6pm Tuesday, April 4th
Come join us for a low key but information rich evening with your fellow Northwest Area business owners. Members & Guests ages 21+ are welcome.
RSVP includes two alcoholic (wine or beer) drink tickets @ No Cost - Merchants is Reimbursed by the Presenter
Refreshments & non-alcoholic drinks are brought to you, courtesy of the Merchants of Oak Ridge.
The presenter will be: Phillip Hanks Black Oak Wealth Management - Investment Management and Financial Planning
- Bullet Proofing Your Financial Plan
- Business on Tap, April 4th @ 6pm in The Oak Ridge Room
- In the 15-20 minutes we take a time out from networking, I'll lightly touch base on the following:
- If you could choose your own speed limit, would you? I'll show you how you can find out for free - if your investment vehicle can handle the curves at a high speeds and if you have the right car for the ride.
- A technological and traditional approach to a "Black Envelope", that will be useful to you now, as well as in the event a spouse or trustee needs to handle your estate... Otherwise affectionately referred to as a "What if I kick the bucket?" envelope.
- Technology tends to make this more difficult (always changing passwords, etc), but I'll show you how technology can make this old school proven method easier. Does your Plan work? If your plan doesn't automatically sync your assets and liabilities, as well as mirror your portfolio recommendations, it's JUNK. I'll show you how we take your speed-limit and preliminary roadmap analysis of needs, then put that into a detailed comprehensive plan that factors all investments, including your home, rental properties, pension, social security, etc.
- Individual Investment needs... IRA's, 401k rollovers, joint brokerage accounts... Holding stocks, exchange traded funds, mutual funds, etc. I do not use any commission based funds.
- Own or manage a business? I can manage and provide SIMPLE IRAs & 401k's for businesses.
- Fiduciary - A Registered Investment Advisor has to follow best interests, whereas a broker only has to satisfy "suitability requirements"...
- As the owner of Black Oak Wealth Management, a Registered Investment Advisor, it's easy for people to be concerned about working with a small operation. However, accounts/stocks/bonds/ETF's/funds are custoded by TD Ameritrade Institutional's VEO platform, one of the nation's largest trading platforms holding many billions of dollars, with accounts covered by SIPC. I leverage this highly integrated platform to plug and play some of the best analytical, planning, CRM, compliance monitoring technology available... An experience that is hard to get with a big firm restricted to using their own proprietary software.
President - Merchants of Oak Ridge
BlackOakWM.com | 336-803-2825
8004 Linville Rd. Suite D-3 Oak Ridge, NC 27310
CRD # 6515594 Investment Advisor Public Disclosure SEC.gov
March 9 is the 1st Quarter Merchants of Oak Ridge Mixer!
It will feature a gourmet taco bar and margarita towers!
RSVP is free... Feel free to bring a guest!
Be sure to enter on the "bar side", the right entrance of RIO GRANDE Oak Ridge, for this exclusive Merchants of Oak Ridge event!
For tickets to the Merchants of Oak Ridge - Members Christmas Party, please click the following link.
As you are aware the fireworks were cancelled at RidgeFest in June due to inclement weather. We have planned an evening of fun on Saturday, September 10th...6-9:16pm.
The evening will include;
Music...The Shagging Maggie band will kick things off at 6pm.
The Tyler Millard band will go on at 7:45 with one set before
fireworks(estimated @ 8:30)and one set after...we'll wrap up about 9:15.
Kids activities ... A tractor ride, a face painter, a balloon artist and an inflatable obstacle course.
Fireworks... Estimated timing is 8:30pm.
The evening will have carnival rides, numerous food trucks, a kids area, a merchant showcase area, music in the amphitheater all evening, a "train" providing free rides around the park, an appearance by the bandits fly team based in Raleigh and the Fireworks.
The Bandits flight team will fly by in diamond formation with smoke, a fly by with a roll out formation and the will circle RidgeFest in single file with smoke.
- Click HERE to download a PDF version of the RidgeFest event details.
- We will have rides (Ride all night for $20) and several food trucks.
- New this year we will have an open mic competition from 6-9pm Thursday, sponsored by Merchants Member - Destination Arts, in the new amphitheater.
- We will have both adult and youth categories.
- The winners will get to play on stage on Saturday night!